How to check Foreign Travel in Birth Chart
People are always interested in foreign visits/residence for a variety of reasons – for pursuing higher education, business, career, pleasure trips, vacation etc. There are a ways you can check the same through your birth chart.
It is considered favorable if lord of the first house is placed in far houses from the 1st house. For example if you are Aquarius ascendant and Saturn is placed in 7th house, 8th house, 9th house, 10th house, or 12th house, there are good chances of going abroad. 8th house also help in foreign visits.
Different astrologers have different opinion about a few houses but primarily 1st, 7th, 9th, and especially 12th house plays an important role in deciding the foreign travel. The other houses to consider are 2nd, 4th and 10th. Any type of connectivity among the lords of the prime (1st, 7th, 9th, 12th) houses or relation between prime houses and other houses create an opportunity for foreign travel.
The placement of the ascendant lord in the 12th house create almost certain opportunity to foreign visit. The placement of the lord of the 4th house (you home) or 2nd house (your family) in 7th, 9th, or 10th houses take one to foreign lands. According to Brihat Parasara Horashastra connection of 10th house and 4th house combination is also important to determine foreign travel.
As far as planets are concerned Saturn, Jupiter and Rahu are important planets. Planet Jupiter is very important when considering foreign travel as Jupiter is the lord of 9th and 12th house. Rahu is prominently associated with travel. Rahu is one planet which keeps the person moving from one place to another. Rahu’s connection with above mentioned houses also indicates foreign journeys. Outcome or results of the foreign visits depends upon the strength of the planets involved.
We can also judge the possibility of foreign travel by a few considerations such as:
- If birth place (4th house) is strong in the chart the person will remain in the native land as his birth place will prosper him.
- However, if 4th house is weak or afflicted the person will not grow in his native land, and will have to move out – it could be foreign land or any other land within mother country.
- If you see lord of ascendant in the 12th house or 9th house, there are good chances of the person going abroad.
Timing of foreign travel is largely associated with the:
- Mahadasha of lord of the 9th house
- Planets in the 9th house
- Planets aspecting the 9th house
- Planets associated with the lord of 9th house
- Lord of the sign where 9th house lord is posited.
- Lord of 12th house, dasha of Rahu & Ketu.