7th House and Marriage
It is one of the four important houses we call as a ‘Kendra’ or center of the birth chart. Seventh house is for unions, marriage, associations, contracts, home abroad, travel, and trade etc. It is exactly opposite the first house, and thus, represents native’s behavior towards his partner (spouse or associate). It also concerns with potency. Body parts such as inner sexual organs are represented by this house. A strong Venus help as a protective cover. Discover more about 7th House and Marriage:
- 7th house and L-7 is considered Maraka (death) house along with 2nd house. However, marak element of the house needs to be studied carefully and with precaution.
- 7th house is a powerful house from bhavat bhavam (house to house) concept. It is 5th from the 3rd house and 3rd from 5th house, 9th from the 11th house and 11th from 9th house, 4th from the 4th, and 10th from 10th house. Hence, all the significations of the above houses should also be read from 7th house.
- Overall marital prospect should be checked from all the Kendra houses i.e. 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10. 7th lord, Venus for men, Jupiter for women, darakarks planet (lowest degree planet) in the chart should be free from any malefic influence (Saturn, Rahu, Ketu and Mars). Venus and Jupiter mahadasha generally gives the marriage.
- 7th is the marriage house, 11th house indicates fulfillment of wishes, and 2nd house is family house. Running Mahadasha of the above houses’ ruling lord may give marriage. In addition, planet sitting in the 7th house, aspecting 7th house, ruling 7th house, and lord of 7th is transiting in the 7 house, triggers time for marriage.
- Another point needs to keep in mind is that one should wait until the ruler of the seventh house has matured. For example if person is Leo ascendant, Saturn rules the seventh house and favor late marriage after age 35.
Following is the maturity date of each planet ruling 7th house:
Sun: 21-22 years, Moon: 23-24 years, Mars: 27-28 years, Mercury: 31-32 years, Jupiter: 23-24 years, Venus: 24-25 years, Saturn: 35-36 years.
- L-7 placed in the 3rd, 6th, 8th, and 12th house generally gives late marriage. Saturn and Mars ruling the seventh house can create challenges unless they are well placed in the chart. Malefic planets (Mars, Rahu, Saturn ) sitting in 8th house suggest difficult marital karma.
- Mars and Venus conjunction is another aspect need to be checked in the birth chart. Venus is associated with marriage, happiness, beauty and friendship whereas Mars is action planet associated with aggression and high energy levels. Conjunction of these two planets especially in relation to the 7th house gives problem.
7th House also gives overseas/long travel, wealth in foreign land, or even marriage in a foreign country with foreigner.
In astrology it is believed most of the times that Jupiter is a good planet for marriage or otherwise, and when Jupiter is in the 7th house one will get a perfect spouse. But there are some exceptions:
If Jupiter is placed in Dual Signs i.e. Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces, it may destroy the results of the 7th house, this is called Kendradhipati Dosha. If the ascendant is Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces, then Jupiter in the 7th house will not give good results in marriage rather it may harm.
It is one of the luckiest yoga in the marriage. If the exalted L-7 is sitting in the 10th house along with L-9 in the 10th house then Sreenatha Yoga is formed. Such people get the blessed marital tie and virtues and charming spouse. Relationship among 7th, 9th and 10th lord gives ‘bhagyodaya’ after marriage. This is possible for Sagittarius ascendant, where exalted Mercury being the lord of 7th house sitting in the 10th house, along with lord of the 9th house Sun.
Navamsa or D9 Chart:
The navamsa chart or D9 is the divisional chart of luck after marriage which shows our life after marriage with all matters related to spouse. After marriage your life is influenced by your life partner, therefore D9 chart is little different from main kundli.
We think that other people can make us happy, it projects fantasy around other people but this is the illusion of seventh house, which shatters in the 8th house. In 8th house people cheat, lie, and die and we cannot control it. 8th house is about people we want to keep with ourselves, the fear around losing people, and the 8th house is beyond our control. 8th house is about let go fears around people and liberate from others (7th house).