Guava Leaves Oil for Hair
Although hair fall doesn’t mean serious harm to your body, but it causes severe damage to your personality. It’s stressful to see a lot of hair strands falling around even after the expensive hair fall treatments and endless trips to the salon. One such remedy which can help you get rid of the hair woes is guava leaves oil.
Some hair loss treatments are so expensive and even then don’t guarantee satisfactory results. All these struggles bring disappointment until you come across an effective home hair fall solution. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, lycopene, flavonoids, and what not, guava leaves oil can cure many hair fall problems.
Why is guava leaves oil beneficial to treat hair fall?
- Guava leaf contains essential oils loaded with minerals, phenolic compounds, and unsaturated fatty acids.
- Guava leaf oil is an excellent source of potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, fiber, and other essential nutrients.
- It helps in cleaning dirt from your hair along with unclogging the hair follicles.
- Most importantly, it doesn’t have any harsh chemicals, making it one of the safest ways to treat hair fall.
What are the different ways to make guava leaves oil?
In several ways, you can prepare the oil from Guava leaves. Either you can separate the liquid from the leaves using the distillation process or blend them with another herb using the maceration process. As per your convenience, you can choose any of the following methods to prepare oil from Guava leaves.
Method 1. Prepare guava leaves oil through distillation process
In this process, you pass on the steam through the Guava leaves mixture, which then separates the oil leaving the residue. Let’s begin with collecting the resources.
- 20-25 Guava leaves.
- Mortar and pestle to grind the leaves
- Container with steam inside.
How to make oil
- Wash the Guava leaves.
- Put them in a mortar and ground into a paste using a pestle.
- Now pour the paste into the container and pass through the stream.
- Repeat the process for 2 to 3 times.
- The procedure will extract the oil from leaves.
- Oil becomes lighter, volatile, and you can distill it from the top of the container.
- Now massage the scalp with oil and make sure to cover the hair from root till the tip.
- Leave the oil for one hour (Cover your head with a towel).
- Rinse it off with mild shampoo.
Benefits of guava leaves oil
- The oil cures scalp infection and inflammation.
- It helps treat dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Guava leaf oil has a high nutrient value, which promotes healthy hair growth.
- It eliminates free radicals making the scalp and hair healthy.
Note: Make sure to use this oil before one month because, after that, Guava leaves start releasing moisture, which leads to fungal growth.
Method 2. Guava leaves + coconut oil (Maceration Process)
In the Maceration process, you will need to soak Guava leaves into another oil called carrier. In this, we will be using Coconut oil to promote hair growth. Collect the following things to begin the process.
- 20-25 Guava leaves
- 1 cup of Coconut oil
- Container with lid to lock
- Mortar and pestle or grinder
Steps to prepare oil
- Grind the Guava leaves in a mortar and pestle. Alternatively, you can use a grinder.
- Convert the leaves into a thin paste.
- Take Coconut oil in a closed container and add the paste.
- Now close the container and put it into a dark place for about three weeks. (Increase the duration to extract more essential nutrients from the mixture.
- Apply the mixture on your head and massage the hair strands for a few minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water after 10 hours.
Benefits of guava leaves + coconut oil
- Coconut is an excellent source of vitamins, fatty acids, and proteins.
- The liquid mixture from Guava leaves and Coconut oil boosts hair growth.
- The oil nourishes the scalp and strengthens the hair.
Method 3. Guava leaves blended with Vitamin E oil
The combination of Guava leaves and vitamin E oil helps revive your hair growth by nourishing the scalp with essential nutrients. Follow these steps to make a combo oil.
- 10-15 Guava leaves
- 1 cup of Coconut oil
- 1/10th Vitamin E oil
- Grinder/mortar and pestle
- Jar with lid
Steps to prepare the guava leaves oil blended with vitamin E
- Grind the leaves into a paste.
- Put the mixture into a jar.
- Add 1 cup of Coconut oil and 1/10th of vitamin E oil.
- Now lock the jar with a lid and place it in a dark place for 48 hours.
- Use the mixture on your hair.
- Ensure to massage the roots till the tips.
- Leave the oil on your hair overnight and wash with lukewarm water the next morning.
- Alternatively, you can also separate the oil with a fine strainer and use it just like other hair oil.
Benefits of guava leaves with vitamin E oil
- Vitamin E helps in normalizing the pH levels on your scalp.
- It locks the natural moisture and soothing sebaceous glands.
- Moreover, the oil helps in reviving the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
Benefits of adding onion juice in guava leaves
We could not stop ourselves from writing about this fantastic source of mineral that’s called Onion. It’s an excellent source of minerals, antioxidants and forms a deadly combination when added with Guava leaves and Coconut oil. Moreover, Onion also helps fight cancer cells, head lice, and parasitic infections on the hair scalp.
How to prepare a mixture? Well, it’s pretty simple. Place 10-15 Guava leaves in the grinder, add one Onion and grind them to get a paste-like consistency.
Now mix this paste in one cup of Coconut oil. Massage your hair with this mixture and rinse it well with lukewarm water. It will nourish hair follicles, which will strengthen the hair strands and promote growth.
Include guava leaves oil in your regular hair care regime
Regaining the luscious hair locks won’t happen overnight. Instead, you will have to include Guava leaf oil in a routine hair care system, which will not only strengthen the hair but make them long and shiny. The process will need patience, discipline, self-belief, and in return, you will get strong, healthy, breakage free, and beautiful hair. Please do tell us in the comment section about your experience after using these hair fall treatments.