How To Do Setu Bandhasana or Bridge Pose?
Setu Bandhasana is a backbend pose helps to open your chest up and keep your spine flexible. This posture is relatively simple.
Steps to do Setu Bandhasana:
- Just sleep flat on the floor on your back.
- Bend both knees and place the feet flat on the floor hip width apart.
- Slide both the arms alongside the body with the palms facing down.
- Use palms and feet to maintain balance of the body.
- Press the feet into the floor, inhale and lift the hips up.
- Press down into the arms and shoulders to lift the chest up.
- Try to touch the heels from fingers initially and then grab it if possible.
- Breathe normally and hold for 4-8 breaths.
- Exhale slowly to release and come back in the previous position rolling the spine back to the floor.
- You can also use pillow or any other support beneath your sacrum and rest the pelvis on it for support.
- There is one advance version to this pose.
- To deepen the stretch, lift your heels off the floor once in Bridge Pose and maintain it fow few seconds as comfortable.
Benefits of Bridge Pose:
- Helps to reduce breast size
- Stretches the chest, neck, spine, and hips
- Stimulates the lungs, improves digestion
- Reduces backache
- Rejuvenates tired legs
- Good for high blood pressure
- Relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual pain