Rahu Jupiter Conjunction – Good or Bad
Jupiter as a Guru and Rahu as a Chandal conjunction is known as Guru Chandal Yoga. However, as per astrologers this also happens when these aspect each other.
Jupiter is planet of wisdom, spirituality, growth, knowledge, wealth and religious beliefs. Rahu is planet of illusion (moh-maya), strong materialistic desire, ambition to achieve more but happiness. Rahu does not have a nature of its own. It takes on the qualities of the planet it is with or the sign it occupies and gives the results accordingly. However, Rahu is a charismatic planets too.
In this conjunction Rahu affects the Jupiter higher values and what comes out is quite an explosive personality breaking the social norms and making his own. A person who largely disregards the proven culture, value, rules, and regulations. It promotes immoral and unethical behavior.
Imagine this person in his early age eating very fast in an unpleasant way of leaving half the food, wasting the food; or doing homework incomplete or not doing it, frequent absenteeism from studies, bunking the studies for a movie show, not going back straight to the house from school.
Or a person who does not want to get married formally prefers live-in relationship or some other kind of relationship to avoid any commitment; a person who questions the set conception such as who is God, what is religion, who said to do this, where it is written etc. This kind of mindset generally comes in such conjunction where person tries to break/manipulate/disregard the set culture and creates his own.
Jupiter transits a sign in one year. Similarly Rahu transits a sign in roughly 1 ½ years. This conjunction will take place every 7- 8 years and will last for around one year which means that all persons born during the year will have Guru Chandala yoga in the transit.
- This combination is financially very good.
- Jupiter is the only planet which can control Rahu.
- Women may suffer from problems of miscarriages and abortions.
- Saturn and Mars aspect or conjunction may add more bad impact.
- This Yoga happens when Jupiter is weak or debilitated in the kundli.
- 12 signs + 12 houses alone can create 144 types of Guru Chandal yoga variations.
- The good or bad results will depend on whether Jupiter is a benefic / malefic in the birth chart.
- It will give results based on which house, which sign the yoga occurs. Planets associated with or aspecting this combination also modify the results.
- This yoga can produce good results too if Jupiter and Rahu are benefic or getting a benefic aspect of one or more planets.
- Guru Chandal yoga may show the past bad deeds committed by the earlier generations. There is often a certain repetitive pattern showing that the destinies are interlinked.
- Jupiter & Rahu both aspect the 5th, 7th, & 9th houses, so these houses and planets sitting there will get very strong drishti from these two heavy planets and results of these houses can significantly change.
- The combination of Jupiter with Rahu or Ketu may be positive and it may produce some of the most wonderful people in this world.