Shakat Yoga – Critical to Jupiter & Moon
The term ‘Shakat’ means a bullock cart which means astrological events in the person’s life will happen at very slow pace. By definition this yoga arises:
- If Moon is in the 6th, 8th, or 12th houses from Jupiter in the chart, or vice versa.
- If all the planets are in the 1st and 7th house.
- Or Jupiter is not in the angular houses.
See the below example:
In the first image Moon is 8th from Jupiter, in the 2nd image Jupiter is 8th from the Moon.
It is said that due to the effects of this yoga, native will find it hard to enjoy different matters of life! (childhood, youth, old age, marriage) due to this reason or that. Native will earn and lose by turn of events, may not be able to enjoy his efforts.
More mature explanation:
Seemingly very successful life which suddenly turns into unfortunate events leaving the person in great anxiety and confusion in both personal and professional life. For example a student taking a competitive exam but continuously failing in finals due to some back papers.
Or a very skilled employee doing very well earning praise all around and all of sudden company move to the cost cutting measures and firing of employees, or company management changes and plays spoil sport in the growth of the employee.
Means everything seems to going well till the end, but end happens otherwise, unexpected to null and void.
Continuous Ups & Downs:
Such as frequent transfers or job change causing anxiety and feelings of insecurity. Money being spent on medical, legal, financial issues without ROI.
However, at the same time this yoga also creates one of the auspicious Anfa Yoga which says:
“If there is one or more planet present in 12th house from the Moon, except Sun, Rahu, and Ketu, Anfa Yog may exist. It makes the person spiritual, gives good health, and fame.”
If Moon is in the 6th or 8th from Jupiter, Chandra Athi yoga arises (benefics in the 6th, 7th, or 8th houses from Moon gives Adhi yoga).
That is the beauty of astrology bad yoga is not always bad and good yoga is not always good.
There is a possibility of getting into fights or arguments with people who matter most to you. This Yoga usually gives results associated with health and business. So, these may be severely affected if you are born in Shakat Yoga.
Cancellation of Shakat Yoga:
It is assumed cancelled or less effective in the following cases:
- If the Ascendant lord and 12th lord are in the Ascendant, the native will lead a prosperous life even if he has to face some ups and downs.
- If Mars aspects Moon then Shakat Yoga will be canceled.
- In Shadbal, if Jupiter is better-placed than Moon or Moon is placed in exalted or its own sign then the malefic Yoga becomes less effective.
- When Rahu makes a combination with Moon in the birth-chart or Rahu aspects Jupiter then the malefic effect of Shakat Yoga will be canceled.
- If Moon or Jupiter is in the Kendra from the Ascendant or there is a conjunction of Venus and Moon in the birth-chart then even if there is Shakat Yoga, the person will have success and wealth. The situation is same when Moon is in Gemini, Virgo, Taurus or Libra signs and the there is a combination of Mercury and Venus in Cancer.